Using Miracle Of Sound music in your streams & videos!
Updated: Dec 6, 2018
I have very simple, clear conditions for use of my songs in Youtube videos and streams – I support and encourage creativity and effort while I’m not so keen on copying or stealing.
Below are the dos/don’ts and the conditions for using MOS songs in your own creative works. Be cool, show mutual respect and we’re gonna be all good & avoid issues
Mutual respect FTW!
My songs are all free of DMCA, so they are 100% available to use on Twitch streams. By far the best way to do this is through Pretzel Rocks, as it means I get paid for it :) https://www.pretzel.rocks/
If you're not on Pretzel, you can still use my songs. All I ask is that you credit them and tell your audience where to find me - send some new fans my way!
1. Please credit the song clearly both in the description and in the video itself, as follows:
In the video/Stream: ‘Song: (Song title here) by Miracle Of Sound’
2. In your video description please link to the original video on my own Youtube channel and to the song on Pretzel Rocks, Spotify or Bandcamp
3. Link me the vid when it’s done!
Same again. Just let your audience know who the song is by & send some new fans my way!
- Use the songs as music for your video/podcast intro/outro.
- Have the song as the backing for your own, original video content.
- Make your own cover versions in which you play & record both the music & vocals yourself. I LOVE when people send me these & I always enjoy hearing them!
- Make your own music video for the song – however please send it to me first for approval.
- Use the songs as the background music for your stream/vlog,vid etc…
- Make your own video with subtitles as long as it has different video content from the one on my channel, not a re-upload.
- Quote my lyrics with a credit on-screen as they are quoted
- Re-upload my video. Zero tolerance with this one, you’ll get a copyright strike so don’t do it, you naughty scamps!
- Post ‘nightcore’ versions where your entire creative input was to speed the song up.
- Use the songs to push a hateful or discriminatory political, social or religious ideology.
- Upload the song with illegal free download links (It saddens me that I even have to point this one out)
- Upload the entire song with a still image, offering no actual creative input to the video
- Quote lyrics without crediting them on-screen
If it is for a movie, TV show, game or something to be commercially released, you will have to contact my agent: email@example.com Youtube videos and twitch streams are fine with just the above credits. It’s not much to ask and due to many abuses of my goodwill, I have been forced a few times to use copyright as a means to make sure I am credited properly. I hate doing that, it makes me feel like a meanie – so please respect my wishes and you’ll be fine. :)